TAX PROBLEM HELP
Revoke, suspend, or hold your business certificate or professional license. This includes nursing license, insurance license, securities license, CDL, real estate license, etc.
Seize (fancy word for take) your real estate and personal property. Personal property includes automobiles and business assets.
Levy (also known as garnish/take) your bank accounts, requiring the bank to hold for 20 days all monies in your account up to the total past due tax, penalty, and interest. After 20 days, the bank will forward the money to the department of revenue.
Hold you personally responsible for business taxes. The IDOR has the authority to assess the tax, penalty, and interest owed by a business against its officers or others responsible for filing and paying sales and withholding taxes.
- Corporations who owe past-due taxes may not have their corporate charters renewed.
- Lottery licenses can be revoked or not renewed for nonpayment of taxes.
- The Comptroller’s Office may offset any money that the Illinois state government owes you and apply that amount to your delinquent tax liability.
- They may ask the Internal Revenue Service to pay your federal income tax refund to the state of Illinois.
- Your name may appear on our delinquent taxpayer list that is published on our web site.
- They may ask the Secretary of State to not renew your dealer’s license.
- They may apply your (or your spouse’s) credit or refund to another tax liability.
- A collector may visit you at your home or business.
- Liquor license revocation or non-renewal.
- Revoke your sales tax business certificate.
- Refer your account to a collection agency.
Join our newsletter, and receive tax reduction/wealth building tips delivered right to your inbox!