Source: Copied & Pasted Email Received from The Chicago BACP
“The Chicago Microbusiness Recovery Grant Program
will provide $5 million in grants to businesses with four or fewer employees in low- and moderate-income areas of the city. Grants of $5,000 will be disbursed via a lottery, with winners equitably distributed across eligible Community Areas based on population. Applications are available now
and will be open until Monday, May 4th
at 5:00 pm.
BACP will be holding a series of webinars in multiple languages this week to inform prospective applicants about the Recovery Grant program and to answer questions. To register, please visit chicago.gov/businessworkshops
To be eligible for a grant, businesses must meet the following requirements:
- Four or fewer employees
- Less than $250,000 annual revenue
- Located in the City of Chicago
- In business for one year
- 25% decrease in revenue due to COVID-19
- Located in a low-income Community Area (view map)
- Search for your Community Area
Applicants must upload the following documents:
- A business bank statement from 2020 that includes the business address and business name
- A valid business license dated 05/01/19 or earlier
- A valid identification card (driver’s license, CityKey, etc.)
- A completed W9 form (access a fillable form here)
- One-time grant of $5,000
- Grant funds must be used for working capital (rent, payroll, utilities, taxes, insurance, operations)
- 04/28: Grant application is available
- 05/04: Grant application closes at 5:00pm CDT
- 05/11: Grant recipients are chosen via lottery and notified of their acceptance. ACH payments are initiated – funds should be received within 2 business days.
Applications are available in Spanish and questions can be submitted to the Recovery Grant Team via these webforms in English
Please note that funds available through the Recovery Grant Program and the Chicago Small Business Resiliency Loan Fund are intended to complement the federal financing available through the U.S. Small Business Administration
(SBA). The SBA resumed accepting Paycheck Protection Program
applications from participating lenders on Monday, April 27 at 9:30am CDT. Click here
to find an eligible Paycheck Protection Program lender. If you need assistance navigating the funding and resource landscape during the COVID-19 outbreak, please reach out to a Small Business Resource Navigator
for individualized 1:1 support.
I want to thank all of you for your persistence and dedication during this incredibly difficult time. Your City government will continue to fight for our small businesses and we will continue providing information and resources to navigate this crisis.
1136 S Delano Ct ste b201-2002, Chicago, IL 60605, USA
Published by Howard Tax Prep LLC
Howard Tax Prep LLC is authorized to represent our clients in front of the IRS, and we are your #1 source for tax reduction & wealth building strategies. Our practice is focused on showing clients how to LEGALLY reduce their taxes, and properly structure their small/medium business in the areas of accounting, bookkeeping, and compliance. You can research our credentials on the IRS.gov directory of CREDENTIALED & QUALIFIED tax preparers under Howard, 60647, and check the box that reads: Annual Filing Season Program Participant. In addition to tax preparation, we also provide tax help for notices received from the IRS. Howard Tax Prep LLC Chicago tax resolution services can help you settle tax debt, negotiate monthly payments, or apply for a tax debt hardship. If you have received an IRS notice CP2000, IRS notice CP504 intent to levy letter, or a notice before collection action letter, please contact us IMMEDIATELY. The longer you wait, the worse the situation becomes.
View all posts by Howard Tax Prep LLC